- Full Time
- Hawley, MN US
The Electrical Technician is responsible for owning all aspects of the electrical plan and execution from submittal to install completion.
- Work with the project electrician during submittal phase to make sure all electrical is shown on shop tickets and electrical is approved by the project electrician, and prints clearly define proper installation directions.
- Attend all turnover meetings to gain awareness of upcoming projects requiring electrical.
- Make sure all supplies are in stock prior to production and that electrical codes are met.
- Verify electrical assemblies are assembled correctly and electrical codes are met, this includes electrical prefab components.
- Be physically involved during installation of electrical components onto casting bed and ensure components are installed according to drawings.
- Be present during casting and watch for items that might have moved or get pushed down and buried, correcting any issues.
- Inspect all panels that contain electrical after stripping and verify that boxes are in correct places and are open, the goal is for electrical to be a non-issue when delivered to customer.
- Verify that conduit has not been broken during casting and not blocked with concrete.
- Inspect the jobsite at least once with job site electrician and verify that all electrical boxes are still in the correct positions according to the drawings.
- Visit job sites as needed to assist in correcting any electrical issues.
- If no projects are pending, perform QC tasks for all other prefab components prior to install.
- Innovate and implement improvements in electrical design, installation processes and purchased components, improving quality, install time and cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalence.
- Knowledge of plant operation, maintenance, and electrical systems. Ability to read blueprints Knowledge of electrical code
- 401(k) match up to 6%
- Dental insurance, 100% company paid (including family)
- Health insurance, 100% company paid (including family)
- Vision insurance, 100% company paid (including family)
- Short-term and long-term disability, 100% company paid
- Paid time off in addition to 9 paid holidays
- Year-round indoor work
- Monday – Friday, 7am – 5pm Schedule
- Teamwork atmosphere
- Weekly pay
- Lunch provided daily