- Full Time
- Hawley, MN US
The Welder fabricator will construct and manufacture metal parts and products, taking particular care to produce clean, polished welds. They will follow blueprints, determine material measurements, and take responsibility for fabricating parts used in later assembly processes.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, weld symbols, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately create equipment and products.
- Utilize handheld tools such as a screw gun, drill gun, and grinders.
- Operate calipers, weld gauges, tape measures, and other welding hand tool.
- Maintain weld machines using preventative maintenance methods.
- Continually evaluate weld machine performance and technology to improve cycle times.
- Maintain inventory of manufacturing product and welding consumables.
- Create specific weldment set-ups and fixturing to meet geometric requirements.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Rework and/or repair welded parts and products according to engineering specification changes.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Prioritize workflow through effective communication with management staff.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalence.
- Prior experience welding, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Familiarity with common welding tools and procedures, including metal fabricating, grinding, and finishing metals.
- 401(k) match up to 6%
- Dental insurance, 100% company paid (including family)
- Health insurance, 100% company paid (including family)
- Vision insurance, 100% company paid (including family)
- Short-term and long-term disability, 100% company paid
- Paid time off in addition to 9 paid holidays
- Year-round indoor work
- Monday – Friday, 7am – 5pm Schedule
- Teamwork atmosphere
- Weekly pay
- Lunch provided daily