What It Means to Be A PCI Certified PlantPrecast and prestressed concrete components have revolutionized the construction industry leading to leaner budgets, shorter project times and higher quality finished structures. However, with all the advances in this type of construction technology, it is important to note that not all precast concrete suppliers are created equal.Obtaining proper certification from the Precast/Prestressed Institute (PCI) is an essential aspect of providing quality services to stakeholders in the construction industry.Persons with interest in the general construction industry such as architects, engineers and contractors should be aware of this certification to ensure that they receive precast prestressed concrete elements that are manufactured and installed using guidelines that adhere to the highest industry standards.
Why PCI?Working with suppliers that hold PCI certification ensures that you receive precast concrete products that are created using guidelines established using a strict quality assurance program.The benefits of partnering with a PCI certified plant on your next construction project are many:
1. Built-in PrequalificationBy choosing to work with a PCI Certified manufacturing plant, you automatically gain access to a prequalified and preferred provider of quality precast prestressed concrete products and components.
2. Highest Quality StandardsPCI sets out some of the most stringent guidelines in order to achieve and maintain one of the highest construction industry standards. These guidelines combine elements of regular inspections conducted on processes, products, operations, materials and equipment which are routinely carried out by the supplier with less frequent but equally important random checks performed by PCI.
3. Close Adherence to Project SpecificationsCompletely random checks performed by PCI on its members helps to ensure that all precast products manufactured by a certified plant continue to meet and exceed the high expectations of its client base. In person inspections and checks provide the reference point for stringent adherence to industry standards as against simply using quality control manuals in hopes of achieving the same result.
4. Faster Construction TimesThe improved efficiency facilitated by PCI certified production facilities helps to increase the speed at which precast concrete components are erected on job sites. This translates to leaner budgets as well as lower labor and scheduling costs.
Before a specific plant can become PCI certified they are required to establish and maintain a Quality Management System that meets the standards established by the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute.
5. Lower Project CostsUsing PCI Certified Precast manufacturing plants reduces your overall construction project costs dramatically because there are fewer potential issues associated with the components produced by these facilities. This results in less wasted time and materials as well as a reduction in total labor costs.
Taracon Precast holds the qualification of having a PCI Certified precast manufacturing plant. We offer stakeholders in the construction industry the confidence to choose our services for their precast prestressed concrete needs as they relate to architecture, engineering and all other aspects of construction design.
By partnering with our team on your next project you can expect to receive the highest quality precast prestressed concrete components along with construction processes that meet the strict guidelines established by PCI.